Wine Bottle Stopper | Redwood Burl | Stainless Steel
Wine bottle stopper handmade by the artisan owner features a stabilized redwood burl top and a kitchen grade stainless steel stopper Made in the USA.
- redwood burl wood
- burl wood has been stabilized (resin impregnated)
- wax friction finish develops patina with handling
- Made in USA FDA approved kitchen grade 304 18-8 stainless steel
- nitrile o-rings provide "squishy" seal in majority of bottles
- includes velvet bag
- approximately 1.25" maximum diameter and 3" overall length
To Learn More
Burl wood is difficult to turn because of its convoluted grain and tendency to fracture. Burl wood for small turnings like wine bottle stoppers generally survives the process better if first stabilized. During stabilization, resin is drawn into the wood structure while under vacuum. The resin is cured with heat and imparts strength and density to the wood.