Rollerball Pen | Vintage Postage Stamps | Chrome
Handcrafted rollerball pen features clear acrylic resin encapsulating vintage postage stamps and bright chrome finish. Traditional desk pen style with non-postable end.
- handmade rollerball pen by artisan owner
- bright chrome plated components
- superior Schmidt rollerball refill
- vintage postage stamps in clear acrylic resin
- acrylic resin barrels lathe turned with traditional tools
- 16 steps of sanding/polishing for a flawless finish
- non-postable smooth end cap for traditional look
- pen presentation box included
- approximately 5.2" long and .6" diameter
- approximately 47.4 g (1.7 oz)
I made the barrels of this pen by first carefully affixing each postage stamp on to brass tubes that make up the internal structure of the pen. The tubes with stamps were then placed in a mold with liquid clear acrylic resin and cast in a specialized chamber under high pressure. This step assures a bubble-free casting. After the resin cured into a solid, I turned the blanks on my lathe and finished with sanding and polishing.