Rollerball Pen | Acrylic Resin "Cirrus Cloud" | Chrome
Handcrafted rollerball pen features pearly white acrylic resin "Cirrus Cloud" and sleek chrome finish.
- handmade rollerball pen by artisan owner
- chrome plated components
- superior Schmidt rollerball refill
- pearly acrylic resin "Cirrus Cloud"
- acrylic resin barrels lathe turned with traditional tools
- 16 steps of sanding/polishing for a flawless finish
- cap is postable (attaches to end) while writing
- pen presentation box included
- approximately 5.2" long and .6" diameter
- approximately 46.1 g (1.6 oz)
The "Cirrus Cloud" acrylic used to make the barrels of this pen was cast in my shop. I make my own raw blocks or rods of acrylic out of Alumilite two part resin. The process begins with the careful measurement of the two liquid resin components in combination with a variety of dyes and pigments. The mixture is poured into molds and then cast under at least 60 pounds of pressure per square inch in a specialized chamber. After the resin is removed from the mold and cured, it is ready to turn on my lathe with traditional tools.