Rollerball Pen | Box Elder Burl Wood | Black Titanium
Handcrafted rollerball pen features handturned dyed and natural box elder burl wood and black titanium finish.
- crafted by hand using traditional tools and techniques
- native North American box elder wood
- stabilized (resin impregnated) for stability
- black titanium plated components
- superior Schmidt rollerball refill
- cap is postable (attaches to end) while writing
- pen presentation box included
- approximately 5.2" long and .6" diameter
To Learn More
Burl wood, in this case native North American box elder, is difficult to turn because of its convoluted grain and tendency to fracture. Burl wood for small turnings like pens generally survives the process better if it is first stabilized. During stabilization, resin is drawn into the wood structure while under vacuum. The resin is cured with heat and imparts strength and density to the wood. Dye can also be introduced during stabilization. I've separated the layers of blue dyed box elder burl and natural box elder burl with thin segments of wood veneer.